Help me please....boiler cut out after bleeding

Think this post is getting confused

couple of questions,

is the pipe that is leaking a ground floor level or up by the eaves?

As I think this is a combi I would say at, or around ground level

your m8 bled the rads and in doing so lowered the pressure of the system to 0, when you fired up the boiler the nosies you heard was the water in it boiling as there is no circulation as there is no water to circulate. and its the over heating that turned off the pilot light

One of the two bars you were talking about is a marker that can be moved with your fingers and before I can answer any more I need to know which one is pointing at 6 (gasp of air, not bad for a sunday eh breezer ;) )

Sponsored Links
ollski said:
the pilot light stays on constantly...the flames all fire up when a demand for heating or hot water is made, in the case of heating they will cut out when temperature is reached and fire up again when required. Is that what you meant?

Well it flames up for about 10 seconds on full blast then dies down for about 2 minutes. Repeatedly.
Up and down surely it should be a constant big flame until the temperature is reqched because the radiators are just warm and nothing else. Gradually increasing temperature.

corgiman said:

couple of questions,

your m8 bled the rads and in doing so lowered the pressure of the system to 0, when you fired up the boiler the nosies you heard was the water in it boiling as there is no circulation as there is no water to circulate. and its the over heating that turned off the pilot light

One of the two bars you were talking about is a marker that can be moved with your fingers and before I can answer any more I need to know which one is pointing at 6 (gasp of air, not bad for a sunday eh breezer ;) )

The boiler leak has now stopped.
However the pipe outside still continues at a rapid rate.

Sponsored Links
johnvixen said:
corgiman said:

couple of questions,

The boiler leak has now stopped.
However the pipe outside still continues at a rapid rate.

Good, now, is the leaking pipe at eaves level or just below perhaps, or is the leaking pipe at the same level as the boiler or perhaps just below it? Also is the leaking pipe plasticor is it copper? If it comes from the boiler it should be copper and should probably have a copper pipe down to the drain as it may have to handle a large amount of boiling water.

The pipe that is leaking water sticks out of the house outside. The pipe is situated between the ground floor and upstars. So it is below the boiler level which is in my bathroom airing cupboard.
The pipe is white and plastic and is now watering my plants :).
I've turned the mains water off and the pipe stopped leaking a trickle of water. So i know it's not from rain etc it's definately coming from the house water supply.

once inside the building, where does the plastic pipe go to?

It's important as diagnosing your problem will depend on the answer.

WOW this is a touch too confusing for me will hand completely to the others. let me know how it turns out sorry :p

The pipe that is leaking is nowhere near the boiler. It's at the other end of the house. But a friend on the phone is convinced it is the overflow pipe for the tank or boiler. It's very confussing, the boiler pressure is just over bar 1 like the manula said and the pilot light is lit however heats the water in stages on and off. During this time the white leaking pipe that leads to outside constantly poors when the water is on in the house.
:cry:

corgiman said:
WOW this is a touch too confusing for me will hand completely to the others. let me know how it turns out sorry :p

You did an excellent job laying the foundation for this, come back as soon as you've had a strong black coffee, we'll need your support for this one :rolleyes:

I was just thinking suppose when combi fitted they left the tank?

Johnvixen, have you been in the loft yet? and is there a tank? does it have a white pipe?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back