Help My loft ladder is too short

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got free isulation from B gas & it is costing me a fortune. Had to pay someone to take up boards & relay at higher level. My loft ladder is now 4 or 5 inches short.don't want to buy another. It is an old Pleco storaway & has oblong feet about 3" by 1" . Does anyone know if you can buy extensions. We can manage by putting something under it but our alarm is up there if we need anyone to service it.
Any ideas please.

Sponsored Links
Simple lower the ceiling :p

Or make fresh hole in the side that take the bolt/latches a bit further down reducing the overlap of the ladders.

Am I right in saying this is an aluminium telescopic ladder?
You may like to consider fixing some timber 'cheeks' to the outside of the bottom ladder rails.....you can use screws or bolts for this, but you don't want to interfere with the sliding action.
The timber of course, can be considerably longer than the length actually required - it will give more support the longer it is, and the angle of the leg ends can be copied so it stands on the floor firmly.
John :)

Sponsored Links
make a platform twice as deep as as high with batons to locate the legs
what i mean is iff the height to make up is say 5" then 10" wide

if its much higher at say 12" just make it 12x12 but with timber screwed each end to give the 20-24" footprint without the weight

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back