Help my matt paint has shiny patches?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just painted my hall and landing in Dulux Rich Matt, Natural Hessian. It looks fine when you look directly at the wall, but when you look side ways on (when walking up stairs) it looks terrible. It is covered in shiny patches and looks totally uneven. It also feels really chalky to the touch.

Any ideas where I've gone wrong? I put it on with a short pile roller.

Sponsored Links
There are often problems on application of this product due to it's heavy texture and using a short pile sleeve wouldn't have helped, and probably caused you to apply to much pressure causing it to slide over the surface. So get yourself a medium pile sleeve and apply your paint evenly on the surface not applying to much pressure on the roller.

Thinning is not normally needed yet adding around 5% water would tend to make it a little easier for you to achieve a uniform finish.

Dec

Thin it 5% and you won't have a problem. I prefer short pile sleeve to avoid roller stipple.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back