Help Needed - Bathroom Downlight Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The bathroom downlight above the shower cubicle stopped working yesterday.

The fitting is an Aurora IP65 fireproof downlight. I removed the fitting and put in a new bulb. It still wouldn't work. Tried another bulb just in case and still nothing. I checked with a multimeter that there was power coming to the transformer and it was fine 240v.

We have previously had a couple of transformers go so I removed one from a working light fitting in the spare bedroom, same model transformer and tried it on the bathroom fitting. Nothing still no light.

I thought maybe there is a problem with the actual fitting so decided for now just to move one of the other working fittings and transformer in the bathroom to the position above the shower cubicle until I could get a replacement tomorrow.

So I moved the working fitting opposite into the shower cubicle position and nothing it wouldn't work. I tried it in its original position and it was no longer working there either.

What could be causing this? Is there anything else I can try or check? I don't want to try another working fitting in the position above the shower cubicle as obviously something is wrong and it is killing the fitting or transformer.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back