Help needed fitting wall taps for bathw

screw your offset in loose for now then fit shroud as far down thread as it will go.
then measure thickness of tile then allow for thickness of addhesive and plaster if your having it skimmed etc.
example 20mm in total place fitting in channel in wall and measure from wall to shroud about 18mm that will give you your depth of where the fitting and pipe need to be before all the tiling etc.

do you understand that ?

Sponsored Links
screw your offset in loose for now then fit shroud as far down thread as it will go.
then measure thickness of tile then allow for thickness of addhesive and plaster if your having it skimmed etc.
example 20mm in total place fitting in channel in wall and measure from wall to shroud about 18mm that will give you your depth of where the fitting and pipe need to be before all the tiling etc.

do you understand that ?

Yep clear

I stuck on a tile temporarily to see where it would sit

Should i seal around the pipe behind the shroud to stp water going behind or seal around the shroud?

Thanks for the help

you can use a bit of clear silicone round the offset when tiled if you want.
not the shroud will look untidy.
just make sure when you tile the the shrouds screw down against the tile,and not short of the tile.
or you get a few mm gap looks bodged then.

ok-wink.gif

seco services";p="891497 said:
you can use a bit of clear silicone round the offset when tiled if you want.
not the shroud will look untidy.
just make sure when you tile the the shrouds screw down against the tile,and not short of the tile.
or you get a few mm gap looks bodged then.

ok-wink.gif
/quote]

cheers

I'll leave silicone around the offset to make sure its water tight and then just screw shroud.

Was bent first time I did it, so had to remove it all to straighten it al up

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back