Help Needed!! Green Pak 90 Oil Boiler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning everyone.

I have an issues that is as frustrating as is likely obvious.

The above boiler broke down, I have it serviced annually, and this is the second boiler we've had of this type. The engineers that have done the work have always left me little snippets of useful info just in case the worse happens, lucky enough they've been good enough to share their knowledge, although it helps to provide lots of tea, sandwiches (although I've found a breakfast Breville's goes down well), together with cakes and lots of biscuits.

Anyhow, when the boiler went Saturday I checked and the air intake, to the right of the burner, was full of water/oil. Turning it off at the mains, isolating oil from tank to boiler, I took the one nut that fixes the burner to the back plate off, lifter the burner out and it was like a waterfull, this explains the bubbling sound and flame out.

Anyhow, long story short, I took the burner apart, a very simple process, cleaned the insides, drained all the water from below the baffles and put it back together, turn the oil on, power, and bingo, it started and ran fine, although a lot of white vapor, no smell of fuel and I guess this was because everything was so wet.

The family had several baths, all hot and good, but I get up today and the unit is filled up again? Any ideas what this could be? It seems daft getting someone round as I know how to get it cleaned/started again, but where is this water coming from, is this a self help job?

Any of you technical minded guys want to help a chap out? It'd be greatly appreciated.

Gary

Sponsored Links
The water jacket is leaking. Whilst you use it, the water is evaporated, but whilst it is off, the water collects.
New boiler I'm afraid

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back