Help needed please

I do apologise. I think the confusion is my fault. I only have my old (yellow) regs at home, and assumed that the table would be the same.

Sorry :oops:

Is there a section for BS3871 MCBs in table 41B2 in the brown regs?

Sponsored Links
Hi RF lighting,

No need to be sorry, You have helped educate me.

Is there a section for BS3871 MCBs in table 41B2 in the brown regs?

No I can not see anything in Table 41B2 regarding BS3871 in the Brown version of the regs. However Guidance Notes 3 (the latest version) covers this in Table 2D part (11) on page 114.

Main switches do not have a kA rating. This only applies to fuses and MCBs

Silly me I am definitely loosing It :oops:

Kind Regards

harry

AC22 will be its utilization category, it means it can handle AC currents, switching of mixed resistive and inductive loads including moderate overloads.

Hi All,

Measured the diameter of the fuse wire, It was 1.10mm. the nearest size (shown in table 53A of the wiring regs - these figures also tie up with RMS's figures) is 45A equal to 1.25mm diameter. I assume they did not make 40A fusewire (not shown in table 53A) and that there must be an error in my measurement (i.e I did not remove the wire and measured it in the carrier not very easy).

Comments welcome.

thank you all for your help. Kind Regards

harry

Sponsored Links
USE YOUR LOAF!!

If there is no information on the cut-out as to what type and size of fuse, what do you put down on the form?

Well, the only information you have, which is nothing!! Write "Unable to Ascertain".

If you need information about switchgear or equipment, ring the manufacturer!

No offence, but I take it this is your first?

Hi Securespark,

No offense taken.

In answer to your question, no this is not my first PIR. I just like to better myself and its only with discussions with other experienced people that we gain knowledge. It's always easy to write unable to ascertain. However, its more rewarding to think that you have done all you can to do a complete job. I have learnt a lot from reading the answers from other people for which I am grateful.

Sorry if my questions irritated you.

Kind regards

Harry

No not irritated, mate!

But I am shocked some **** has sent you out to do these ill-equipped.

fireman22 said:
harry, i thought main switch was 60947-3?

I've seen both BSEN60947-3 and BSEN60439-3.

the BSEN60947-3 are most common, but one of the bigger manufacturers use BSEN60439-3 main switches (I think it might be Hager but I can't remember off hand)

BSEN60439-3 is the enclosure standard and not the main switch. I think the big manufacturer you refer to is Wylex who quote this number on the enclosure just below the main switch, but if you open the enclosure and look at the side of the switch you will discover that it is a BS60947-3

fireman22 said:
harry, i thought main switch was 60947-3?

I've seen both BSEN60947-3 and BSEN60439-3.

the BSEN60947-3 are most common, but one of the bigger manufacturers use BSEN60439-3 main switches (I think it might be Hager but I can't remember off hand)

BSEN60439-3 is the enclosure standard and not the main switch. I think the big manufacturer you refer to is Wylex who quote this number on the enclosure just below the main switch, but if you open the enclosure and look at the side of the switch you will discover that it is a BS60947-3

Perhaps he knows now after over 3 years :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back