help needed reading law

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
From the
Statutory Instrument 2004 No. 3210 The Building (Amendment) (No.3) Regulations 2004 :

"...Where this regulation applies, the local authority is authorised to accept, as evidence that the requirements of regulations 4 and 7 have been satisfied, a certificate to that effect by the person carrying out the building work..."

What are the requirements of regulations 4 and 7? I can't seem to find regulation 4 or 7 in the document.

Also, what does a Local Authority Building Control do with all the information gleaned from inspecting buildings? what is the point of their existence?

Sponsored Links
SparkyTris said:
What are the requirements of regulations 4 and 7? I can't seem to find regulation 4 or 7 in the document.
No, you won't. Note that what you are reading is Statutory Instrument 2004 No. 3210 The Building (Amendment) (No.3) Regulations 2004, i.e. not the original Building Regulations.

You need to start here: Statutory Instrument 2000 No. 2531 The Building Regulations 2000, and read the amendment in conjunction with them. Probably also worth looking at the other amending SI's identified in footnote 3 of the latest one to make sure that they don't make any changes to the original #4 and #7. Given a year and an SI number, it's trivial to work out the URL for the opsi.gov site

Also, what does a Local Authority Building Control do with all the information gleaned from inspecting buildings? what is the point of their existence?
Their point is to ensure that the Building Regulations are observed, and on the whole this is a Good Thing™. What they do with all their records IHNFI.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back