Help - No hot water to shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anyone help.

Lived here for 7 years, hot water pressure all over the house has
always been fine but to the shower in the ensuite it's always been low (cold pressure is fine).

Last couple of days the shower has only run cold, have took the shower off the wall (aqualisa aquarium mixer) and there is almost no hot water coming through the pipe.

Have attached picture of cylinder cupboard, the pipes on the top right going through the wall feed into the shower literally on the other side of that wall, hot is nearest to the camera.

Have read fitting instructions for shower and it says hot water feed should be either off the cylinder outlet or below the T where it joins the vent but clearly it's not? Pressure has not always been this bad, sometimes very early in the morning it's been half decent.

Any ideas? System is gravity fed i believe it's called and the f and e tank in the loft is half full, ball cock working fine.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Adam
image.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Ideally the hot supply should have been taken downwards off the horizontal section from the cyl. to avoid air ingress, and the cold feed direct from the supply tank.
If it has been working till now, and nothing else has changed, you may have a blocked filter, or air trapped.
Look at your instructions for filter cleaning, or get someone in if youre not confident.

Thanks for the reply Mazperks

Have taken the shower off the wall and had the filters out (they are clear). There is just no or little water coming though the hot water pipe; it does seem odd.

Think it's plumber time!

have you checked the ballofix valve on the hot pipe before it goes through the wall, ( is it fully open? )

crack open the left hand side nut and see if you have good flow there,

Sponsored Links
Touch the pipes either side of the valve in the picture with the shower running.

Other than that, does that shower have a thermostatic cartridge? Edit. I see youve had it off the wall.

Hi

I've been wondering about the valve myself, does get warm both sides but will have it open anyway and see what the flows like.

Thanks again for your help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back