Help on LPG Cooker hoses required

Sponsored Links
Thats what heat mats and care on the job is all about.

Do you install full heating systems IN an existing house with compression fittings? What about hidden gas carcass joints, eg under floor boards :rolleyes:

BS669 is for hoses for nat gas.
There is no BS for lpg hoses within BS669.

Correct red is used to denote LPG usage.

So which bit is wrong Stan.

clf-gas said:

Excuse me but lpg hoses with red stripe to bs669 part 1 are sold on www.bes.co.uk and i have one in front of me

Sponsored Links
clf-gas said:

You need to read carefully my old fruit then get back to me again.

I might be getting old but I trained engineers for ACS for 5 years and that bit aint changed.BS 669 IS the BS for LPG hoses. Nat gas hoses are to a different BS also.

Stan

OK mmcostex, BS669 part 1 1989.

Now try BS669 part 2 1997.

The hose you have is good for LPG red striped. :LOL: :LOL:
You NEVER answered that and that is why I questioned your compertency. ;)

From BES's web site:

4.LPG hoses. There is no British Standard which refers to LPG cooker hoses. They are, however, identical to the hoses specified under 1, 2, and 3 above, except that the sealing thread within the hose is nitrile and that the cover is nitrile or neoprene. LPG hoses are identified by a red band or stripe.

pannierstan said:
clf-gas said:

You need to read carefully my old fruit then get back to me again.

I might be getting old but I trained engineers for ACS for 5 years and that bit aint changed.

Stan

One last time the lpg cooker hose i have is made in uk to bs669 part 1 with red stripe and is a COOKERFLEX and sold on www.bes.co.uk as part of their lpg cooker kit [/img]

Steady on Costy old boy we know, but we have now moved on to arguing amongst our selves for a bit.

You just hang on we will be back with you in a sec :D

The clouds of time have not been kind to me clf

Stan

giblets said:
From BES's web site:

4.LPG hoses. There is no British Standard which refers to LPG cooker hoses. They are, however, identical to the hoses specified under 1, 2, and 3 above, except that the sealing thread within the hose is nitrile and that the cover is nitrile or neoprene. LPG hoses are identified by a red band or stripe.

Thank you I cant find my standards th office is a mess :D

pannierstan said:
Steady on Costy old boy we know, but we have now moved on to arguing amongst our selves for a bit.

You just hang on we will be back with you in a sec :D

The clouds of time have not been kind to me clf

Stan

I honestly thought I was going mad and read something I haddent.

Still, 669 Parts 1/2 refer to flexible gas hoses for the catering industrie, and if all that has changed Im getting a job in a cake shop :LOL: :LOL:

Regardless if you are using a kit from BES or not, you still have to be a corgi registered installer to fit it!

At what point have i mis-understood you?

Surely if you knew the answer you would be more than happy to answer it? :rolleyes:

Flexible hoses must comply with British Standard BS 3212 - 1991

And must include the type number, Type 1 low pressure, type 2 high pressure. The nominal bore size, type 1 hose will always have a bore size of 8mm.

The month and year of manufacture, and the manufacturers name.

Flexible hoses conforming to 669 may be used provided they conform to BS3212 and are marked to identify they are suitable for use with LPG.

sambotc said:
Regardless if you are using a kit from BES or not, you still have to be a corgi registered installer to fit it!

At what point have i mis-understood you?

Surely if you knew the answer you would be more than happy to answer it? :rolleyes:

The only reason i didnt answer it, was it kind of went over my head as i was focussing on the wall connector. This was the thing i am trying to source. I know the different hose standards or at least i know where to get them. Anyway after all that i never got my wall connector sourced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back