HELP! Permitted developement or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Looking for expert building regs/planning advice.

I’m really concerned about some work I’ve done about 2 yrs ago and wondered if it classed as permitted development or if I would be in question in future sales?

Original post below: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=171614&highlight=#ixzz1PL2HVyWW

We haven’t increased the height or footprint of what was originally there just improved it, but also worried that building regs would question the standard of improvements made. Measurements are 3m out from hse, height & width less than 3m.

We’ve taken off the original leaky clear poly sloping roof off and boarded over and felted, added to existing brickwork on 1 side and fitted 2 DG windows with Kglass, plaster boarded, skimmed (except the original concrete slab roof of outside toilet/coal shed) and tiled the floor. We’ve also added water in/outlet for washing machine & dishwasher. Electrics are covered by part P.
When we moved in it housed the gas boiler in there but we’ve since had that moved……so would it also be classed as change of use?

We're also looking to render the utility and garage to match the house and help weatherproof.

Reading all the building reg/planning portal information and still not sure.

Please help put my mind at ease.

Sponsored Links
Change of use does not apply to domestic work and planning regs do not seem to apply either so you can stop worrying about that.

Building regs wise, I would not worry either as you have not done anything structurally significant or [presumably] structurally bad and its been too long now in any case

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back