Help Please boiler not firing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys i have done a search but can't find an answer

Right i have an old combi cadet camray 5 boiler when we moved in last year it was run with an old clockwork timer that was in bits so i had a grassli towerchron qe2 programmer fitted....problem as above water is all ok when full heating is on but in summer we have to have the heating on for hot water.........turning on the hot tap with just hot water selected will not fire up the boiler..can anyone help please..................wife driving me crazy.............i have asked a copule of plumbers to come out but no-one seems to want to..............many thanks steve

Sponsored Links
Could it be because your boiler is not worth repairing and spares are hard to come by? Seriously, time for a new one.

Sponsored Links
no not at all so is this an oil or gas fired appliance :?:

and can you post the full make and model of the boiler please

gaspro all thats on the case is boulter combi cadet camray 5...........is there anywhere else to look for info the plate on the inside of the boiler case has faded..........it's oil fired balanced flue boiler.... :confused:

It is a wiring problem.
The boiler will need a permanent live to give hot water on demand.

trying to download pdf now think this broadband has got slower too.......right only info on the plate on the boiler is

Type 483T50
COD 3513300
N01430040390
DZZZ
Class c-d
21-40Kw

any good guys?

The info you have posted is relevent to the Riello oil Burner, but if its a Camray 5 Combi, then it isn't that old really, I would suggest you get an OFTEC Registered Service Engineer in to have a looky see, I suspect a wiring fault when your Grasslin Timeswitch was fitted, Boulter (Now Worcester) did make an Electronic Timeswitch that fitted inside the Control panel on the boiler (cost about £70) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back