Help please! Hot water from taps, but not from bath!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, just moved into a brand new build house, which has a Ideal Logic boiler for heating only, and a Range Tribune HE for water. The water in the taps is red hot, but the bath is only giving out lukewarm water. Is there some outrageously simple answer, like pressing a button, to explain this?! If anyone can help, I would be really very grateful. We only moved in yesterday and I'm dying for a bath to ease my aches and pains!

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
It's possible that a thermostatic mixing valve has been fitted - it should be delivering water at around 43C.

If the temperature is lower than this then it may be that it has been incorrectly set. If the temp is in the mid-forties then it's been set correctly and you need somebody to show you how to adjust it to get proper hot water!

It's possible that a thermostatic mixing valve has been fitted - it should be delivering water at around 43C.

If the temperature is lower than this then it may be that it has been incorrectly set. If the temp is in the mid-forties then it's been set correctly and you need somebody to show you how to adjust it to get proper hot water!

Thanks, can I reset it myself, or will I need a plumber to do it?

Sponsored Links
Part G3 of the building regs now legislates that a Thermostatic Mixer valve should be fitted to baths in a new build so I would say that newboy has hit the nail on the head and that's what you have, if the new build was compliant.
Get a thermometer and check that it's delivering at the correct temp - max 48 Deg and if it's colder then I'd be getting the build boys back in to have it set correctly. If you know where it is then you could adjust yourself, it's probably on the pipework under your bath though I'd be getting the build guys in as part of the snagging

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back