Help please! Shower mixer tap question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We only have a bath in our council house and begrudge throwing money away for a power shower to be fitted only to move out in a few years.

I am looking into getting a shower mixer tap fitted but am not 100% sure if i need anything other than the mixer head. The boiler is a GlowWorm 30cxi and i believe it is a combination boiler?

If I just get the mixer head to go on the bath will the pressure be eaual for both hot and cold or do I need something else to get it regulated right???

Any help will be greatfully recieved my other half has been going on at me for ages to get a shower fitted!!!

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
There's two reasons why it might not work:

1) Is there enough pressure? To test this get some pipe onto your existing tap and see it water still flows when the other end is held up in the air at shower height. If so it may not be the best shower in the world but it will flow water.
2) Temperature. Showers have a fairly low flowrate (particularly if there's not much pressure). Run the existing taps at a very low flow and see if the temperature is constant or if the boiler cuts in / out. If it's constant then it'll probably work.

The other thing to think about is sealing around the bath, and whether the tiling is suitable for shower use, but in a council house if they fall off the council should replace them.

Thanks for your comments we currently have one of those cheap rubber push on shower attatchments. The pressure seems to run fine but because of the crap grip around the tap, too much pressure causes it to fly off, so i can not say with 100%. confidence but i will experiment.

The temperature is good but again i will play around just to double check your points.

again thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back