Help please with upvc door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Could anyone please help me with my front upvc front door.
My ex did somthing to the door so once it's shut from the outside it won't open again unless I have the key so it's very easy to lock my self out.
When am inside the door opens as normal. I can't work out what he has done to make it like this as it used to be ok till he messed with it.
Sorry if I have not explained it very well
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Can you post some pics of the handles. Usually a change like that would need new handles or possibly just a spindle

Can you post some pics of the handles. Usually a change like that would need new handles or possibly just a spindle

Hi
Here's three photos there are two spindles when I took the handles off

Attachments

• IMG_6655.JPG
    IMG_6655.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_6656.JPG
    IMG_6656.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_6657.JPG
    IMG_6657.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Yes he's converted it to a lever/pad setup using the 2 followers hence 2 spindles, to convert back you'll need the old outer handle if you still have it and 1 long spindle. Spindle to be located in the top follower and the old handle refitted shiuld have back to original

Yes he's converted it to a lever/pad setup using the 2 followers hence 2 spindles, to convert back you'll need the old outer handle if you still have it and 1 long spindle. Spindle to be located in the top follower and the old handle refitted shiuld have back to original
Great it all makes sense now . Thank you so much for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back