help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,i'm currently trying to reconnect a ceiling rose that i took off.I have 4 main cables coming out from ceiling,3 cables have brown,blue,yello/green cables,1 have 2 brown,yellow/green cables,any idea how to connect them in right order,i allready tried many combination,i have double switch at downstairs hall way,single switch upstairs landing,now downstairs lights working but upstairs landing lights not working,wonder where do i make the mistake,i'm sure it is only a minor thing i'm missing,but don't have clue what it is,can anybody help me please,thanks.

Sponsored Links
electrics:lighting:lrblbn1w.gif

As per the drawing above, but the cable with 2 browns will be the cable to the switch (instead of the brown / blue with brown sleeve), and you have an additional 'supply' cable connected in with the other two supply cables.

There is more in the WIKI

//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:single-way-lighting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back