Ceiling rose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,could anybody please give me some advice to connect a light to ceiling rose...
i opened up the ceiling rose there was many cables coming trough,4 sets of cables each have one blue,brown and yellow/green cable except one have 2 brown and yellow/green cable and there are also 1 brown and blue cable their own,just one of the brown cable is live when i check it,when i connect the cable 2 downstairs hall light works but study room and 2 upstairs light doesnt work when i turn the switch on,i wish i had them marked before taking the cables out from ceiling rose,any suggestion please,thanks.

Sponsored Links
OK, right, the 3 brown and blue cables - connect their browns to the LIVE terminal(s). Connect their blues to the NEUTRAL terminal(s).

The double brown cable - connect one brown to LIVE and one brown to LOOP. Where your light connects to LOOP and NEUTRAL. :D

(I may have mixed up LIVE and LOOP terminology. I think LIVE is the one in the middle) :LOL:

OK, right, the 3 brown and blue cables - connect their browns to the LIVE terminal(s). Connect their blues to the NEUTRAL terminal(s).

The double brown cable - connect one brown to LIVE and one brown to LOOP. Where your light connects to LOOP and NEUTRAL. :D

(I may have mixed up LIVE and LOOP terminology. I think LIVE is the one in the middle) :LOL:

thanks for reply i will try it now!!1

Sponsored Links
Loop is the one in the middle.
Live is the one that the switched live comes back from the switch and connx to the brown wire to the lamp.

Sundays eh? :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back