Help please

S

Susiejb

Can anyone help with this:

My computer seemed to be running slow so I did a performance test, it came up with at least 50 if not 80-100 (lost count) of the following, all very similar but each with a slightly different code:

Device is not present, not working properly, or does not have all of its drivers installed.
Cause: A device has a configuration problem that prevents it from working properly.
Details: The device, MpKsld6ebea8f, is reporting "tv_ConfigMgrErr24". This device will not be available until the issue is resolved. The Plug and Play ID for this device is ROOT\LEGACY_MPKSLD6EBEA8F\0000.
Resolution: 1. Verify the correct driver is installed.
2. Try updating the drivers using Windows Update.
3. Check with the manufacturer for an updated driver.
4. Attempt to uninstall and then reinstall the device using Device Manager.
Related: Explanation of Error Codes Generated by Device Manager
Manage Devices in Windows

That is about as clear as mud to me.....any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Well try doing the updates it suggested that you know are safe & free, ie windows/computer manufacturer.
I have a new laptop, if I go to the same sort of site you ran your test from it will tell me I have lots of things wrong, I bet it also says buy 'abc' to resolve.
Try the free things first, then try a defrag.
----------------

ps you can enter the error codes one by one into google it will telkl you what they mean.

Well try doing the updates it suggested that you know are safe & free, ie windows/computer manufacturer.
I have a new laptop, if I go to the same sort of site you ran your test from it will tell me I have lots of things wrong, I bet it also says buy 'abc' to resolve.
Try the free things first, then try a defrag.
----------------

ps you can enter the error codes one by one into google it will telkl you what they mean.

HI
Thank you for the reply, I have done the defrag. But it will just take forever to look up 100 codes :cry: Is there no quick fix. No its not trying to sell me anything I have just used Performance Tools on my computer to do the check.

I know it will take a long time to check them all, a lot may be for programes you dont use.
Do the windows update?

Sponsored Links
Right I have done all windows updates, run malaware, defragged and now I think I will just hope its better.

My problem is ....I will insist on looking for things ...then haven't a clue what to do when I find them :)

Searched for some of those codes on the net by the way and came up with nothing.....so maybe its not too important. If anyone knows different please let me know.

Many thanks diyisfun for talking the time to reply :)

If you look up & find a code you can usualy deduce if its important.
Most things if you d/load do go to the correct place.
Do you set restore points.
If not its a good habit to get into, when things start going wrong you have a place to start from.

Like monster says ditch the diagnostic software.. Much better to diagnose problems manually. You could look in the device manager for any flagged problems or if you want to check the status of each device driver.

Sponsored Links
Back