Help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put up some Strip lights (Fluorescent type) about 8 x 4foot ones, in my rather large new shed but I don’t want to wire them up to the main circuit as there is already plug sockets in the shed. My question is: -
Is there a limit to how many Strip lights I can have in one series?? Will I be ok wiring up all the 8 lights into one plug?:cool:

Sponsored Links
Jamybouy said:
I want to put up some Strip lights (Fluorescent type) about 8 x 4foot ones, in my rather large new shed but I don’t want to wire them up to the main circuit as there is already plug sockets in the shed.
So where do you want to power them from????

Is there a limit to how many Strip lights I can have in one series??
They aren't wired in series - they will be in parallel.

Will I be ok wiring up all the 8 lights into one plug?:cool:
They should not be on a plug - use light switches, or FCUs if you don't have a lighting circuit.

And I'm guessing that 8 tubes might be too much to switch on at once - split them up.

I have 5 6' twin flourescents in my shed (16' x 15' and theyre all on one switch. Just make sure you get a good quality switch (Mines MK) and you should have no bother.

Regards - J

EIGHT???? right, i have 2 in my shed and they make the most awful racket when they start up, and constantly hum when on (cheapo ones from B&Q. Its the wooden ceiling, its a sounding board. If I were you, i'd get some electronic ballast fluorescents, they are quieter and almost instant start, none of this flickering business.

Sponsored Links
I fitted vapourproof fluorescents in my garage and shed.

It saves you from a glass shower when you clunk them with a lump of wood etc.

RF Lighting said:
I fitted vapourproof fluorescents in my garage and shed.

It saves you from a glass shower when you clunk them with a lump of wood etc.
good idea that . . . wish we had some in the cellar at work . . . manouevering 5 foot 6 tall cages about when the ceiling is at 6 foot 2 with lights at 6 foot, and i'm 6 foot tall . . . no fun, especially when the apes/chimps/idiots at the warehouse have stacked the cages too high/heavy/top heavy. I bet theres a H&S issue here. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back