help plz hanging a rad on a really nice wall

Cant you use coach bolts through from the other side with say 40mm washers recessed into 1st layer of pbd then filler over the top?

Sponsored Links
use these and couple of beads of mastic under each bracket and it will never sag or work loose http://www.screwfix.com/prods/47347/Fixings/Cavity-Fixings/Fischer-Metal-35mm-Self-Drill-Pack-of-100 drill a pilot hole first

Again I only ever use these type of fixings in plaster board and find them very good.

I don't drill pilot holes, I use the metal ones and use the dril driver to drive them in, plastic ones snap if you do this.

They can be fussy about he size of screws you use tho, two thick and they will spin the fixing and damage the plasterboard.

Have hung 1400 by 600 rads on the the ones suggested by youth and they have never been a problem , they come in a few sizes

they worked :) really well aswell, guess they have given me new hope after my last experience with them :LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back