help plz with a really nice wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am working in a holiday chalet and I need to move a radiator off an outside wall to an internal wall, no problem normally but the internal wall is just made from 3 sheets of plasterboard?

Any ideas what sort of fixings to use to hold the rad/brackets on?

Sponsored Links
i wouldnt have thought you could more it there without changeing the wall. i might be wrong but i would say take the wall down and replace with a studwork wall

Sponsored Links
i was under the impression that the wall was liturally just 3 boards thick and nothing else no wood or anyting?? this is why i said it cnt be done cos any fixing would come out the other side of the wall??
unless you ment 3 boards wide in which case why did we need to know the amount of boards used?? :rolleyes:

i was under the impression that the wall was liturally just 3 boards thick and nothing else no wood or anyting?? this is why i said it cnt be done cos any fixing would come out the other side of the wall??
unless you ment 3 boards wide in which case why did we need to know the amount of boards used?? :rolleyes:

yep 3 boards thick no wood etc lol

I wonder how (if?) this slab of plasterboard is attached to the floor and ceiling?

the toggles are going to stick out of the other side of the wall, as jr says, which all seems very strange.

I once pulled a radiator off a plasterboard wall when I fell on it (when in hospital on crutches). I hope the residents are going to be more careful...

have you moved it yet or not youll have to let me know how how it goes try and get me a pic please im quite interested in how this is goin to work particulary the strength of the rad once its on and filled up and mabey has a few wet towels hanging from it........ :eek:

I wonder how (if?) this slab of plasterboard is attached to the floor and ceiling?

t

It's a laminated wall.

Timber on top and bottom with one sheet fixed to it , then a middle sheet stuck on to that then the other outsdie sheet stuck to he middle sheet, and also fixed to the timber. Teh timber is covered each side by the board

Used to be popular, but obviously sh1t3

have you moved it yet or not youll have to let me know how how it goes try and get me a pic please im quite interested in how this is goin to work particulary the strength of the rad once its on and filled up and mabey has a few wet towels hanging from it........ :eek:

moved it yesterday, and quite suprisingly the fischer fixings went in a treat :) without ripping up the plasterboard

put three in each side and the bracket held just as good as anything else

think the rad was a 600 x 1000 single so not not really heavy when empty but couldn't fill up as there was no filling loop key and the customer didn't know where it was either :rolleyes: :!:

[quote="SniperOne";p="1927578"
cheers, all sorted now :)[/quote]

What method did you use?

that laminated wall sounds like a crap idea, id like to see one and run at it as fast as i could see if i could make a cartoon style hole in the wall haha :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back