help! replacing Honeywell ST7100 with Drayton Tempus 7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon,

My ST7100 was dead this morning so I went out to B&Q and picked up a Drayton Tempus 7 which seems to be a good match for my needs.

But I am confused about the wiring.

In the ST7100, there are ON, OFF, COM terminals for each of the CH and HW. Wires are connected to the ON and COM terminals, but nothing to the OFF.

In the Drayton Tempus 7 there is just ON and OFF for the CH and HW. Where does the COM go ? Simply just connect to the OFF ?

If this is more complicated than that and I need to dig into the Wiring Centre then this is probably not a job for me. Are there any temporary fixes to get the heating and hot water going ?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
On closer look, there is a wire connecting the COM on the HW to the COM on the CH. The COM on the CH then also connects to the Live.

I thought these CH timer replacements were meant to be straightforward !!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I found this, which seems to be telling me how to map the Honeywell ST 7100 to the Drayton....

http://www.heatweb.com/pdf/Invensys/Programmer Compatibility Chary.pdf

but I think it is telling me to map

7 to H/W off
4 to C/H Off
8 to H/W on
5 to C/H on

Problem is there is no wire in 7 and 4. But I do have wires in the COM terminals and the H/W COM and C/H COM are connected and the C/H COM is connected to Live as described in the link above.

Where do those COM wires go ?

Any help would be appreciated

N to N
L - L
8 -HW on (3)
5 - CH on (4)

Forget about the common wires on the honeywell. They were there because the old timer had no internal linking. Your new one does.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back