Help required please (price to fit a bathroom)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone tell me what the going rate is for fitting a new bathroom suite, to include removal of old tiles. (approx)?

Sponsored Links
How long is that piece of string?
Does it also include removal of wrecked plaster behind said tiles, replaster/dryline? Retiling, changing position of bathroom furniture, swapping rad for towel rail?
Too many variables for any kind of sensible guess, get some quotes.

Sponsored Links
1930s house so no plasterboard, remove bath, sink, toilet and 2sq.m. of tiles instal a new suite plus a shower cubical, a guestamit on labor cost please..

Believe it or not pred but when i lived in Brizzzle i used to run an add in the evening post.....Coloured bathroom suites supplied and fitted for £250...This was in the eighties though and i was rushed off my feet with it.I would fit the Armitage Shanks Wentworth suite that i could get for £100 and do the job in a day thus making £150 which in them days was good money.I remember that the most popular colours were champagne & wild sage..lol
Yours will cost more though ;)

I started a bathroom install a fortnight ago. First weekend... Old bath, basin and toilet taken out and water capped off. Rad off the wall (replacing with a towel rad) All tiles (floor to ceiling) removed (including floor tiles) . Then found the condition of the existing plaster meant this needed doing. All plaster hacked off ready for plasterer last weekend. .... During this week, new plywood on floor ready for tiles,, floor tiles laid and grouted.
Today, plumbing altered and bath installed and plumbed in. Tomorrow, wall tiling to set out and start (again floor to ceiling) . Next weekend, finish tiling and grout, install washbasin and toilet There's also a small bit of boxing in to do. Not going to reveal how much I've quoted for this yet, suffice to say, there's a wedding in the offing this year (but dunna tell the girlfriend. She's been dropping hints for ages) ;) ;) ;)

How long is that piece of string?
Does it also include removal of wrecked plaster behind said tiles, replaster/dryline? Retiling, changing position of bathroom furniture, swapping rad for towel rail?
Too many variables for any kind of sensible guess, get some quotes.

twice the length of its half.

pred ....its really hard to say...would you not fancy doing it yourself....plenty of help on here

Sorry it is for me to do, a lady wants a load of work doing, I'll do most of it but although I've fitted a dozen or so bathrooms it's always been for me or property I've been renovating, hence I was unsure what to quote, I don't want to rip her off but at the same time don't want to take myself to the cleaners, I thought do my bit and get a plumber or bathroom fitter in to finish that bit off.

Can someone tell me what the going rate is for fitting a new bathroom suite, to include removal of old tiles. (approx)?
Just finish my bathroom, I find it's difficult to price the bathroom unless it's very straight forward swop over and but most people want it difference to how it was before, mine took me longer than I thought just over 4 weeks and yet it's only a small bathroom! A new watertank in a difference higher position in loft, I wasn't replacing it the same way, I wanted to reposition the toilet 200mm to the left so wasn't tight against the wall and also the bathroom fitted with no gap all round etc, wasn't easy but I did it. rip out flooring, new tiles, replaster back to brickwork, got rid of coving, difference ceiling lights elsewhere, so you can see it's never straight forward, also every single pipe to toilet and taps got a isolater valve which is easy to get to so all this can take a lot of plumbing work plus towel radiator so the job can get bigger, if I was doing it for someone I would ask for a daily rate unless they are willingly to accept a much higher price for any problem ahead. Example when removing tiles, might need replastering or new plasterboards etc

Just uploaded the bathroom in my album

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back