Help required regarding suitable extension for radiator valve

Use a reducing insert on the rad and then pipe away as you need. You could use a straight through rad valve perhaps to make the overlength a bit more visually appealing.

Wouldn't bother with an extension. They are chromed and will look silly next to the duluxed piping.

Don't overthink it.
Thank you, but I really want to avoid draining down the system and changing the valves at this point.

Do you have an example of the reducing insert you suggest?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi all,

I need to reignite this thread as today I removed the radiator, armed with a few options and am a little stumped. I cant see that any of the suggestions previously mentioned would work.

Situation is as follows....

Radiator valve is exposed with a 3/4 male thread.
1/2 to 15mm extension is installed into the radiator

I need some way to connect the 3/4 male thread to the 15mm extension.

I did try the following product which would have worked I believe, but I found out that the 3/4 female side was too deep so it wasn't possible to get a good connection before the adapter starts hitting the part of the valve that twists to open.

Really struggling to find a suitable solution, any further help would be appreciated!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back