Help required with Microbore please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all.

I am comming towards the end of re-piping my Central Heating system. It was previously a sngle pipe loop with 30 year old Rads but have replaced it with new Rads, 22mm speedfit Feed and Return, 15mm copper tails and TRVs.

The problem is, my kitchen has a newly tiled floor and concrete base. The only way I can fit piping for the radiator (previously wasnt one in there) is to drill through the door frame from the dining room. To keep things neater I have decided to use 10mm Microbore and have the following queries:

1. I note that it is available in rigid lengths and reels - which would be best for my job?

2. Are the reels flexible and if so does this eliminate the need for bending tools?

3. How would you straighten a lenth that came in a reel?

4. Instead of using the 2 holes at the botton of the radiator for feed and return, is it acceptable to use the top and bottom ones at the right hand end and in the ther end have the bleed at the top and stopper at the bottom?

5. If the answer to 4 is yes then I presume the top will be the feed and the bottom will be the return?

6. When I fix the 15mm copper tails into the TRV, I hand tighten and then tighten the olive by a further 3/4 turn using a rench - is it the same with the Microbore or is a more gentle approach required?

Many thanks in advance.

Wurzel

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thankyou for the swift and concise replies. Ill have a look and see if I can use 15mm copper. If I can get away with something that big then what size wood drill bit would you recommend for drilling through the door frame?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back