Help switching/installing Drayton Wiser Kit 2 with Danfoss RX1?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas! Santa brought a new Drayton Wiser Kit 2 that I'm hoping to swap with our current Danfoss RX1 system.

As far as I understand the Danfoss system uses a standard backplate and therefore I think I can swap it with the new Drayton Wiser Kit. However, I have a couple of questions:

- Do I need to swap any of the wire positions from the current Danfoss system for the new Drayton system?
- The RX1 comes in 3 parts. The room thermostat for controlling temp, the programmable hub (where you set the on/off times) and then the RX1 box that has Prog & CH1 on it - no idea what this is for or is actually called. And so my question is how does this work with the new Drayton system? Does it stay switched on? What is it's actual purpose? :unsure:

Any pointers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any help!

Joe

Current Backplate
5zoPbbH.jpg

Danfoss RX1 Box (not sure what this does)
X10aqcQ.jpg

Drayton (Left) and Danfoss current (right)
E0J9g0f.jpg

Sponsored Links
The backplate you can use is the programmer one, as shown in pic 1, the rest will need decommissioning, or wires joining. The RX1 is a receiver for the room thermostat, so either join the common/live into normally open or alter at the wiring center.

The backplate you can use is the programmer one, as shown in pic 1, the rest will need decommissioning, or wires joining. The RX1 is a receiver for the room thermostat, so either join the common/live into normally open or alter at the wiring center.
Thanks, Chris.
So just to clarify - I can fit the new Drayton Hub to where the previous Danfoss programmer was (picture 1) and then I need to sort out the wiring behind the RX1, which I've photographed below:

9eNzABY.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yes, correct.
Okay, excellent.

And please excuse the ignorance - I'm an IT professional by trade - but is "join the common/live into normally open or alter at the wiring center" something that I can do as a DIY'er, or am I best having an electrician/plumber sort this?

I really appreciate your help, thank you Chris. :giggle:

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Okay, excellent.

And please excuse the ignorance - I'm an IT professional by trade - but is "join the common/live into normally open or alter at the wiring center" something that I can do as a DIY'er, or am I best having an electrician/plumber sort this?

I really appreciate your help, thank you Chris. :giggle:
Either or, if you feel more comfortable doing at the receiver, then just join them there (black and grey) and yes, something you can do.

You just need to connect the grey and black wires together. The brown and blue need to be made safe. Once you're happy with the installation trace the wires back the the wiring centre and remove the cable but remember to link where the grey and black wires are terminated.

Probably, but you could also leave existing back plate there and join them up in there. Failing that, trace wiring to wiring center and join them in there using a terminal strip connector block or Wago.

Something a bit like this.

Would you suggest getting something to cover the backplate or can I pop the RX1 back on to cover the wires?

t3rHK6r.jpg

Something a bit like this.

Would you suggest getting something to cover the backplate or can I pop the RX1 back on to cover the wires?

t3rHK6r.jpg
I would terminate the Live and Neutral in a terminal block, separately, and then put the receiver back on for now.

Yep, as above, make sure the receiver isn’t getting power and put that back on.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back