Help Wiring a Zigbee Module into a Garage Roller Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I am connecting a Tuya Zigbee module to my roller garage door to automate opening and closing and am having an issue. I used to have a HomeKit one and it worked well but failed after a few years so have now bought a different one as the other is not available anymore.

I bought the following Zigbee module.

IMG_2731.JPEG

I have wired a neutral and live into it and it powers up ok and is recognised and paired in the app. I am also able to control it. I have hooked up a magnetic sensor using the S1 & S2 pin which is also working fine. I have S3 & S4 hooked up with a cable each to go to the radio control box.

I have a Seceuroglide Roller door which seems to use a Teleco C10 as the radio control box but I am unsure which pins to use on it to open and close.

Here is the box:

IMG_2668.JPEG

I used to have the cables hooked to terminal 20 & 21 which worked fine, but now it is no longer working with the new module.

Here are the instructions:

IMG_2730.JPEG

Can anyone help as to why this won't control the door? I note that with the wire connected to 20 & 21 if the two other ends of the cable touch the door will open or close depending in what state it is in.

How can I connect this so that I have control?

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Need a manual for the zigbee device? I can't find it with a quick google...
Looks like you need one with a set of dry contacts? Shelly 1 will work on wifi if available.

Ok, let me try and find one.

I prefer zigbee, but if I could get a Shelly 1, how would I wire it up?

Sponsored Links
Do you think this will work? As it’s zigbee

https://amzn.eu/d/5QkoqCw
Probably would work as it has a dry contact. Can you set it up so it pulses the relay contact? You can set an auto off with the shelly so you turn it on, it pulses the relay contact which would open the door. Another pulse would close it? This is assuming when you touch those wires together for a short period the door either opens or shuts?

Ok, will give this Aqara one a try.

Yes, when I touch the two wires together the door opens.

Will report back how it goes. Thanks so far

Looks to me that the contacts should be connected to 19&20.
21&22 for obstruction detection switch.

Looks to me that the contacts should be connected to 19&20.
21&22 for obstruction detection switch.
Thanks for the reply but that didn't work.

I have ordered the Aqara module (with dry contacts) and will report back if this works.

OK, I went for the Aqara T2 - LINK

I have connected a wire to 20-21 on the garage door board and then connected those to the Aqara T2 as follows:

IMG_2818.jpeg

I have control of the door but annoyingly it is reported weirdly in the app. I hit the button which shows 'On' and the door opens. I have to then turn it 'Off' to then turn it 'On' again to close it. Is this anything to do with the way I have wired it?

OK, I went for the Aqara T2 - LINK

I have connected a wire to 20-21 on the garage door board and then connected those to the Aqara T2 as follows:

View attachment 321504

I have control of the door but annoyingly it is reported weirdly in the app. I hit the button which shows 'On' and the door opens. I have to then turn it 'Off' to then turn it 'On' again to close it. Is this anything to do with the way I have wired it?
Is there a pulse setting?

All looking good, is working so just wanted to say thanks to everyone here.

Still trying to work out how to get the magnetic sensor wired in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back