Help Wiring Nest Heat Link

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm wiring my Nest 3rd Gen Heat Link up to my existing central heating and water boiler (Baxi Megaflo 2 system boiler) replacing a Honeywell programmer.

The wiring that is in at the moment has E, L, N, and two wires, one (black) for central heating and one (grey) for hot water.

http://m.imgur.com/WDTM5Pp

E, L and N are easy enough, but I've tried black to 1 and 3, and grey to 4 and 6, but the test doesn't start the boiler.

I've seen on another post that seemed to indicate that in my circumstance L should also go to 2 and 5 (common) but I thought I'd ask for help before trying.

Can anyone give any advice on how I should wire?

Thanks in advance!

AM

Sponsored Links
Yes the heating and hot water are fired up by connecting 230V to the black wire and grey wire respectively.

So connect black to 3 and grey to 6 then wire in two short links from the Live terminal to both 2 and 5.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back