Help with 2 problems PLEASE(1Combi 1 Warm Air)

put me out of my friggin`misery johnson and starley j30. fan was on the top of the housing, am I wrong ? it`s been a long time but I seem to remember a huge fan, tell me I`M NOT SENILE. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Its on the top Bamber, above the lint arrester.

I cant see how charles missed it if he took the panels off :confused:

thanx, i thought I was getting it mixed up with a tumble drier. Gas powered them you know in hospitals. :eek: Amazing. Tumble drier with a gas valve , the world has gone crazy :D

Swb years ago J/S said not to clean the fans as it upset the balance of them :eek: but as we know the amount of carp on the blades must have put a bigger strain on the motor so always made sure every bit of muck was off the blades.
Rtype adaptors are a b****y nuisance for coming adrift can you remember the black epoxy resin ones

I always used a small air line from a 12v compressor in the van to blow the carp off.

The only ones I ever came across were the galvanised and aluminium ones where the screw holes rotted through.

The perfumed smoke pellets were a godsend when servicing warm air, as well as the visual I could walk round the property and check for the smell.

I managed to really upset one of the tenants when I told them they were going to have to take all their new doors off and cut a lump off the top. They had been really pleased that the carpenter had fitted the new doors so much better than the old ones had been.

Mike

Sponsored Links
Yep and in my kitchen now on my third in about 17 years far better than an electric one

You're obviously a bit harsh on them. Only on my second in 16 years. Moved over to gas when my electric when burst into flames. I like gas, I can understand what it's doing.

And in my utility room

F*uck me, what are you washing? they are industrial machines aren`t they?

I`m callin``the police. Fred f*uuckin`West :eek: .

got to be on 3 hours a day and even in the summer my clothes go in as dont like them dried outside .
First one had about 8 years but by timme i binned it it was running on one solenoid and the bearing on drum had gone .
Second one to be honest would have been fixed with 50 quid of parts but had lost its nice white look so done as i was told and got another .
First one cost me about £160 with gas board discount latest one was £247 so still quite cheap and as i no longer have my laundry ticket of course i paid for someone to install it

We can't dry outside. We're plagued with seagulls and if we put anything out it's 50/50 if it going to come in clean.

I kept my Laundry so I could service and install my own dryer. My sisters also got one that I maintain as well. It's handy that work paid for my renewals as it would hardly be worth it for two appliances.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back