Help With Boiler Output

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok my other post regarding a shot Keston 80 has revealed the HE has a hole in it. My dilemma here is should I replace the HE (DIY) or get another new boiler. The engineer today said the HE would be bout £450 and 4 hours labour + flush through.
If I get a new one, I will reposition it into the garage, so the 4" vent doesn't plume by our kitchen window.
How do I calculate the necessary boiler output for the size of property, and should I go down the much trumpeted Vailliant road?
If I do a power flush which machine is best, one that fits around the pump connections or one that goes on the radiator valves.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I should get rid of the Keston, never a bad move.

Vaillant are a good choice, but none of the German brands have any major problems compared to the opposition.

Power flushing can be attached wherever it suits. Size the boiler using the calculator at www.sedbuk.com

80,000 = 24Kw. If you have been happy with the Keston output you can keep the same, unless you are planning any extra rooms.

Vaillant do a pluming kit as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back