Help with cctv system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have just fitted a DVR purchased from CUcctv its a 4 port system with 4 cameras attached to it:

I got it working on the my network but then my router seemed to of died only on the lan ports not on the wifi. so i replaced the router but since then I have been unable to connect to the dvr by phone or pc. I have got a constant orange light on and the green light flashes every couple of seconds then goes mad when i try to connect but it doesnt seem the network is letting me connect to it... error message server offline or error on network.

How can it go from working fine then not working at all for phone and pc.

secondly: I have got 4 cameras on it 3 outside and the other inside, but one of my cameras covers the drive and when my car is parked under it and its a sunny day the sun hits the wind screen and the camera goes completly black and you can just see shaddows this stays like it until I power the camera down or restart the dvr. is there anything I can do to stop this or is there another type of camera I can use.

Any help or advise would be greatly recieved thanks

Chris

Cheshire.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the auto iris on the camera is sticking , replace or check on screen menu on camera if it has one !

Thank you... It has a menu so I will check tomorrow. still complected about not being able to connect via my phone

You will need to set up "port forwarding" on your router, specifically for the DVR. The DVR will have 2, maybe 3 ports in its settings (e.g.: 80, 800, 8000).
You will need to connect to your router and go into the advanced settings and forward the corresponding ports. This gives the DVR a route through your firewall to the WWW.

Sponsored Links
You will need to connect to your router and go into the advanced settings and forward the corresponding ports. This gives the DVR a route through your firewall to the WWW.
...and, more importantly, allows your phone on the WWW/internet to talk to the DVR.

When you try to connect to www.my_dvr.bt.com (or whatever), you will be sent to your router. The "port forwarding" allows your router to pass the correct messages on to your DVR and not your Mac/iPad/Sky+/etc..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back