Help with decking fasteners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I am just about to build some decking which is elevated. 4.8m long x 2.8m wide. I am using 6 x 2 for the joists and ledgers and I am coming off 2 walls, which I will be using M12 180mm through bolts to secure. What joist hangers would people recommend? I was looking at using the hangers which hang on the top of the ledger, but will I have to cut the top off as will it effect the lie of the decking board which will lay on top? Also which screws would be recommended to screw into the end beam, which goes into the joist? M12 x 180mm Carriage Bolts for connecting my support posts. Could anyone shed some light please as I want to make sure I am using sufficient fasteners, and does anyone know the best places to purchase as it seems to be cheaper to buy online than b&q etc

Sponsored Links
No doubt you have read all the other decking "how-to" posts?..........

Dont use hangers.

3 good thick 4" screws (stainless) will do to build the framework. Nail the noggins.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back