Queries on decking joists

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm weighing up a few options on fixings but any advice please on the following queries regarding a raised deck (about 900mm up) using 47 x 150 joists (2.5m long) and ledger (4.8m long) with posts at 1.3m:

1 How to attach the rim joists to the ends of the ledger board as I can't source concealed/inverted joist hangers ?

2 Could I use mini joist hangers 47 x 67 with noggins or do I have to use 47 x 277 joist hangers and fold over the top ?

3 Planning to use sheradised square twisted nails 30 x 3.75mm - do I need to use longer nails to skew through hanger and joist into ledger or just use 30 x 3.75 in all holes ?

4 Coach screws for joist to joist and joist to post - am thinking about Screwfix's turbocoach screws 10 x 100mm - any views ?

5 What size screw and how many for fixing noggins ? Screwfix's turbocoach screws 10 x 100mm ?

6 Best fixings for 47 x 150 ledger to wall and what size and length of fixing (allowing for 10mm gap with s/s washers) ? Rawlplug projecting rawlbolts ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back