Help with Drayton Wiring

It cycles for a minute then is just permanently on.

I think it's more likely to be my wiring tbh.....

Would I be better off just feeding it straight from the boiler rather than trying to repurpose the old programmer wiring?

Or just get a professional in and stop messing about....

Sponsored Links
Either of the latter, but it doesn’t explain it dropping out.

If I get some 4 core cable and just hook into these :

PXL_20230927_084600397.jpg

What would be your recommendation on removing the old programmers?

And would that work with the valves in place?

Sponsored Links
Can you show us a picture of your wiring behind the Hub R as it is now.
Your original photo showing a black connected to neutral is rather confusing, as all the connections seem to have been made by a competent installer, where black is the switched live throughout.

1695938182287170895158335180815.jpg

This is as of now and the video above. If I switch the grey and the black (as I would expect it to be) the Hubr is completely unresponsive

Your competent installer has left the grey wires detached from the neutral in the wiring centre.
The black with brown sleeve is a switched live to the boiler (Edit: through the 2 port valve), but due to the way it is connected through these components, it is currently acting as a neutral.
The safest way to continue - disconnect the black wire temporarily.
Connect the two grey wires to neutral in the wiring centre, connect the grey to N on the thermostat, and see if it powers on.
Photo to follow...

Last edited:
Also zero cycling when trying to put the heating on (obviously no SL connected though)

Connect the black wire to 3 now I assume?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back