Help with floor preparation (wood to be layed)

Kex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys.

Looking for some helpnon what if anything is needed to go under the reclaimed wood I have sourced for my floor.

In the house we purchased we have aarpet and underlay and have just acquired solid wood flooring that we reclaimed.
It's lovely.

Underneath the carpet we have what appears to be old times. Very old with no grout in between them and very Smooth and level.

I was thinking just a rubber style underlay would suffice. Could any one please help?

I also have a picture but can not seem to upload it. It keeps giving me a error message!

Ps. Would it be best for me to remove skirting or can I use a multi tool and cut under the skirting.

We have a lovely exposed brick wall and removing the skitmrting would ruin the frame effect I have created with the wall.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Picture !

Attachments

• 20190213_233940.jpg
    20190213_233940.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 229
if you are talking reclaimed floor planks off perhaps 21x143mm you need to attach to floor joists as in a replacement for old boards rather than over the old covering

Hi no sorry I am talking about wood floor (tongue and groove style)
Reclaimed as in off someone else's floor.

Sorry if that was not clear. !

Sponsored Links
Underneath the carpet we have what appears to be old times. Very old with no grout in between them and very Smooth and level.

do you mean tiles on a concrete base?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back