Help with Friedland Doorbell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Folks I have just had decoraters in and on leaving I see they have not put my Friedland Doorchimes back. Th box is rectangular and at least 20 years old. I have no mdel. The only thing I can tell you is ;

Two sets of white wires I.e. they are linked but separate into four single wires. In, the box is a block with four numbers for wires to be attached 0 1 2 3. Where do I attach the four wires.

Thanks for any help.

Denis

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo and welcome fjrden :D :D :D

are 2 of the contacts directly connected ??
if so just connect a wire from each pair into those connections
this assumes a pair comes from the power source via the box to the bell push
this means 2 power wires to the box one connected to one side off the bell/chimes then connected to the push wire with the connected terminal to the push then comes back along the other wire to sound the bell

Thanks All.

Both set off wires have I believe shrinkwrap and are separated into four wires. All are white. One set has a spark coming off them when they touch and after reading in the forum I touched ports 0 & 3 and the chimes sounded. I am at odds and would wish help.

Denis

Cheers All got it sorted found a D107 manual and fixed it
Denis

Sponsored Links
i would expect 1+2 to be linked
conect one wire to 0 and the other off the pair to 1 then the other pair to 2 and 3

ok and what was the answer :D

How did you manage to get that pic on there Owain ? I've been trying to figure it out for ages.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back