Help with identification of part please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning.

We have a rather old house with a boiler situated in an outhouse/shed.

I had real problems previously with mice getting into the boiler and eating the wires which was great fun. Thankfully a hastily constructed sarcophagus akin to the one at Chernobyl sorted that out.

Over the past week or so I have been getting a steady leak from the bottom of the boiler which I have located to this part.

I have tightened the bolt as much as feels right without going to mental, but it still seems to be leaking from the valve in the middle.

It would "seem" that it should be fairly easy to replace if I can identify the part - just to unscrew it and seat the new one, but I am aware that there is pressure involved here, and I don't want to go unscrewing something that may blow my face off, so any pointers would be great!

As I say, the leaking seems to be coming from the valve in the middle of the nut:

DSCF2990.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks mate - really appreciate your help!

So turn off the water coming in, turn off the boiler at the mains, run the hot water to clear it out, then replace the bits.

Do yourself a favour and don't just replace the stuffing box. Strip the front off the diaphragm housing (6 screws and the 10mm tube nut) and clean the pins with wire wool or you may find that the crud on the pin will wear out the new seal quicker than normal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back