Glowworm 30 ci plus cracked part

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all i hope someone can help me please i have a Glowworm 30 ci plus boiler and have noticed a small drip which is leaking on the floor now on closer inspection i have noticed a very fine spray coming out of a black plastic part in the boiler.I have looked at my manual which was left with me and i cant seem to locate and name the same component the only thing i can identify is the gas valve,and the leaking part is at the very back of this gas valve and the copper pipe which is conected to the leaking part is the domestic hot water outlet.So could anyone tell me if this part is called many thanks.Please Please any help would be great .

Sponsored Links
It Could be the Cold water inlet manifold, these had to be modified, I have had a few of these fail causing a lot of damage to the electricals, do not delay in getting this looked at, it is a job for a RGI, as the Gas Valve and lots of gear has to be removed to get at it , it's a bit of a pig to do.
the replacement you will find is more copper than plastic, but glow worm don't do 'em at a discount though! :confused:

Sponsored Links
I cant make out if that is the bit but i have enclosed a photo of the cracked bit
Many thanks for all your help i have put a bit of silicone around it to slow the drip down
[/img]

That's the bit, it's called the saniblock. They all go from here eventually thats why the plastic bit on yours has been replaced by a copper pipe in the pic on the ebay link.

ooops. I was thinking about the SD version, GV is on t'other side :oops:

so the one on ebay is the right part for me then???

yes but its beyond the realms of diy. In actual fact you'd get good value from a fixed price repair from Glow-worm, or even a repair and years cover. They'll probably have the part on the van

ive read on this forum thay glow worm know of this problem and replace the part free of charge is this correct and how do i try and stop a major fail of this part and causing major water damage if totally failed

Many thanks for all your help i have just rung a local plumber who will fit the part for £80 and i will supply the part ,many thanks to all that helped me.The plumber advised me to turn off the main feed to my boiler just in case .

Just a quick update i rung Glow worm this morning and this part is chargable at £250 and the part that is faulty isnt known to glowworm as faulty so legal action is the next step i think

Havn't they noticed how many their Parts Department are selling I'd have thought that Glow-cow were well aware of the problem, (and why is the repalcement modified with a lot more copper :confused: :mad: :cry: :rolleyes:

I too had this problem and sloved it with this item i think is still on ebay and its the proper thing from glow worm.Glow worm wanted £250 + vat and other internet sites wanted just short of that but the one i got off ebay from this dude i think i paid about £ 125 if my memory serves me correct it was a while ago.But its still going strong and it comes with a new filling tap which my other one on the boiler seized up and didnt work so this was great value,give it a try
regards
Dave

ps the item number for this on ebay is 270477825881

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back