Help with identification / source of Trianco boiler part

Lav

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I have a Trianco Minor One S oil boiler that is locking out quite frequently over the course of the last few days.

Planning to get a professional out to look at it in the hope that a servicewill go a long way to remedying the matter so not necessarily looking for fault diagnosis.

In the course of taking off the burner cover to get better access to the reset button, I have however discovered that a fault that I had thought had been fixed with a new part two years ago has, in fact, been held together by a zip tie.

The part is situated to the right of the burner as you face the unit and is a band with red and blue markings, a graduated scale of numbers with +/- signs and directional arrows. The band has a metal mesh section and it was here that it broke two years ago. I though that a new part had been fitted but seemingly not so I'm trying to identify the part and a source for a replacement that I can have in hand for the guy that I hope to have service it.

I'm guessing it is an air regulator to adjust the air / fuel mix in the burner but would really appreciate confirmation, ideally a Part Number and an online supplier.

Many thanks

Andy

Sponsored Links
Hi Cassius

Thanks for the pointer but the part I'm looking for doesn't seem to feature on that schematic- this is the closest I have been able to find with a google search (http://www.heating-parts.co.uk/product.asp?prd=060699)

Going to tell guy that boiler is locking out before calling him out (maybe locking out isn't the right phrase - it's running now after pressing the reset/refire button and has been for last two hours so problem is intermittent but I'm not planning getting him out under false pretences)

Are you sure it's a Minor 1 burner? The part you've pictured looks more suited to a Minor 8 or 12 burner.
I would describe it as intermittent lock out to the engineer.
Didn't mean to come across as grumpy on earlier post, just frustrates me when turning up for a service (which we charge less for) only to be asked at the end "will that stop the problem we've been having?"
I always ask if there are any problems before starting (which doesn't always get the honest reply...) and get the customer to turn the boiler on so that I can lock the burner out (which sometimes trips their memory enough to mention a problem).
Could be the solenoid causing the lock out if the boiler is cutting out when running for a while.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Cassius

Seems the part I need is the air conveyor featured in the diagram for the Minor 4 or 8 burner, though it definitely says Minor 1 on the front of my unit.

Fully appreciate where you're coming from on the nature of call outs - my father was a white goods repair man and has it well drummed into me to be as up front and open as possible when making the call to maximise chances of potential parts that may be needed already being in the van.

Cheers

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back