Help with installing a Hive Mini to a Worcester Heatslave combi oil boiler with heat store

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My daughter has just moved into a new house and it has a Worcester 18/25 oil fired combi boiler with heat store. It has an existing old type wall mounted wired controller / programmer with a wired remote room thermostat as per the attached image and she wants to change it to a Hive Mini which she already has. It is the single option with no DHW option as that's what she was told to buy for a combi.

Does anyone know if its possible to use this as a replacement door the current programmer or with the current programmer and just use the Hive to switch the heating?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

Attachments

• IMG_1231.JPG
    IMG_1231.JPG
    357.6 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 72572541382__110C21C9-BD13-42FB-BCDB-5001685F7A3A.jpg
    72572541382__110C21C9-BD13-42FB-BCDB-5001685F7A3A.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1370.JPG
    IMG_1370.JPG
    211 KB · Views: 40
Sponsored Links
If you only have the single channel, and looking at the instructions (think because it’s a heat store), then keep existing EPH (or swap if needed) and use the Hive for heating only.

If you only have the single channel, and looking at the instructions (think because it’s a heat store), then keep existing EPH (or swap if needed) and use the Hive for heating only.
That is what I was thinking, so I just need a supply to the Hive from the boiler and use the thermostat wiring for the signal for the heating.

Sponsored Links
That is what I was thinking, so I just need a supply to the Hive from the boiler and use the thermostat wiring for the signal for the heating.
yes but remember you will have to leave the ch on the prgrammer set to constantly on and let the hive take over

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back