Help with multipoint gearbox identification

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help ID what I need to replace this in a UPvc door? A trusted handyman informs me I need a new one. It's from a back door fitted 15 years ago or so.. St Helen's glass I think but not 100%

I'm DIY novice.

Speedy response appreciated for obvious reasons.

Sponsored Links
Have you got the main face plate, if so has it got a name on it

Looking at the paper behing it's 92 mm centres and 35mm backset

Have you got the main face plate, if so has it got a name on it

Looking at the paper behing it's 92 mm centres and 35mm backset

Thanks.
I've checked the long face plate strip carefully.. No name. Well spotted on my written measurements... Have adjusted measurement.

Any more ideas ?

Sponsored Links
I managed to identify mine by searching eBay and looking at the pictures.

You can buy a replacement mechanism from Screwfix which is easy to fit and fits most upvc doors. This is what I ended up doing as I couldn't get e replacement gearbox for a few days and didn't want my back door unlocked for that long. I think it was about 65 quid, made by ERA, took about 2 hours to fit for me, a complete novice.

KFC and 2 obscure others do not have names on the faceplate so I would start on the KFC route first... Kfv predictive text

Thanks for help with this.

After talking to numerous suppliers, meticulous measurement, and sending them photos, I've found a replacement.

From lockfinder.co.uk

KFV, approx £42 including delivery.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back