Help with pre work before plastering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
evening all,

Had a plasterer come round today to price up getting some blown plaster repaired. He said to remove the old plaster that I want replacing prior to him coming next weekend.

I started on one patch in my dining room, removed the skirting board which pulled off some of the blown plaster as well as what looks like the render underneath.

I have attached 2 pictures as I was after confirmation that it was indeed the render underneath the original plaster coat, and also what I would need to use to repair this ready for him next weekend as I don't think he would have the materials to repair it, plus it will need time to dry.

Many thanks

View media item 52995 View media item 52995 View media item 52996 View media item 52996 View media item 52995

Sponsored Links
If you go looking for blown plaster you'll find it everywhere. Unless it is falling off the walls - leave well alone.

If you go looking for blown plaster you'll find it everywhere. Unless it is falling off the walls - leave well alone.

that's what he said, the bits being redone were cracked and visible, or had come off when the skirting was removed (the previous owners decided to nail the skirting to the wall).

It's just this one bit that came off when I removed the skirting board, would ideally like to repair it ready for next weekend so he can crack on.

Sponsored Links
you done the right thing you dont want the plasterer to skim over blown and shot plaster just leave it for him to sort out, the patches need pva and dubbing with bonding before he skims it will add a couple of hours to his work as he wont be able to skim till the bondings picked up, hes expecting this as hes already told you to remove all the stuff that needs replacing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back