help with pump connections!!!!

Sponsored Links
i suggest you look away now mucky !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lewis5 said:
Hi there i need to swap an old water circulation pump for a new one,trouble is the old one has 4 wires coming into it,white/yellow/blue and earth,the new pump only has provision for 3 wires live/neutral/earth,can i still swap it over?what are the yellow /white connections for?any help would be much appreciated
thanks
lewis

When you swop an old circulation pump for a new one, one must assume there was an original.

Pro you wouldn't be ChuckUfarlie in another life by any chance, because he was a complete moron as well

Sponsored Links
Pro the way i read lewis5 post was that he is trying to connect a new pump to an old/original ch heating system and wants to know where the 4 wires of the old pump connect to on the new pump which has only 3 connections as chris asked where do the 4 wire connect to the old system

how did you rread it pro

THE WAY I READ IT WAS HE,S TRYING TO CONNECT AN OLD ciculater WITH A NEW ONE :

Hi there i need to swap an old water circulation pump for a new one

Can you read that

Hi there i need to swap an old water circulation pump for a new one

Damn didnt mean to start a war guys still more fun eh just could me george bush thanks you! An yep im glad someone read/understood my message,the problem is around a friends house apparantly the wires go to a heat exchanger?is this correct does this help,ill know more later,i guess this is not a simple issue then,how is pump normally connected does anyone have any examples of which wire normally goes where on different systems?im not an expert on central heating thats why im coming to you guys,how would you guys resolve/overcome it!

The first thing you need to do is trace the yellow, then report back the details of the "heat exchanger" and any controls.

Don't worry about pro, every now and then we get some pratt who claims to be an electrician when all he really does is hang around public loos plying his trade

laughing-smiley-014.gif

laughing-smiley-014.gif

what make/model is the old pump :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back