Help with putting laminate flooring down over quarry tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, could anyone out there please give me their advice? I am looking to put down laminate flooring in my lounge, but on the floor at then moment are quarry tiles that are sitting on top of soil :confused:

I did have carpet down at first but i pulled it up due to the carpet becoming damp from the floor! I have since had some advice from the damp proofing people and they said that i have got two options.

One option is to have all the quarry tiles removed and the floor dug out :eek: and concreted over or the second option is that i could roll on a special type of paint that seals the tiles underneath and a visqueen sheet put over the tiles to stop the moisture from coming up through the floor.

Could anyone tell me if it is possible to do the second option and just cover the tiles so that i can have laminate put down? Also the floor is a little uneven by the door, does anyone have any idea how to even the floor before the laminate is put down? Ive heard people say that you can do this with the bubble stuff you put down before you fit the laminate flooring but dont know exactly how you do it!

I would be really gratefull if anyone could let me know if i can sheet over the tiles and let me know exactly what material you need and how you do it! Thanks everyone!! :p

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back