Help with raised decking??

Sit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,

I am really after some help trying to pick my way through the Planning Portal as we are looking to build a raised on a patio to meet some bi-folding doors from our lounge. However due to the height being over 30cm i understand i need to navigate the planning portal and pay fees etc. in order to get permission to do so.

I am finding the website a minefield, i have picked my through and filled out all the forms, descriptions of works etc. but it is the plans feature i am struggling with most.

Can anyone give me some pointers based on the above project exactly what they expect to see drawn on the plans you buy online from several different companies affiliated with the site??

I understand one is a simple plot layout showing the boundaries of the plot in relation to other properties, roads etc.

However i understand (or not!) from the information that the second one needs to show the proposed feature, measurements to the edges of the boundary, nearest tree etc. etc. and i am really struggling to work out quite how you add all that info to a map which you buy online and they email to you???

Tried to phone local council for advice but you can't they say you have to write and they will reply in 28 days so hoping someone might be able to offer advice on here?

Apologies if this is the wrong area, i couldn't find a planning one!

Si

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back