Help with rear and side extension plans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping someone can help as I have a first draft for plans for a single rear and double side extension. The rear extension is straightforward enough but I'm struggling with ideas for the double side extension plans due to the plot shape and space between the house and angled detached garage. I'm looking to increase the dining and kitchen as an open plan space and also need a separate utility room. A study space is a nice to have but not essential. Any ideas are really welcome.

Attachments

• plan.jpg
    plan.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 98
  • plan_existing.jpg
    plan_existing.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 105
Sponsored Links
Pictures of the plot would help but if you don't use the garage as a garage then I'd be tempted to knock it down and then you can build something that fits better

Thanks for the response. I've attached a picture of the plot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220608-091138_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220608-091138_Drive.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 75
Sponsored Links
Avoid triangle rooms and with unusable corners, and other rooms with corners cut off. Square things up.

Think about how the roof will be constructed when you are setting the walls out, not afterwards.

Take the fist floor corner over the garage

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back