Help with Targha BPT Video entry, buzzer not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Trying to figure out why my buzzer had stopped working. Video is still fine, but no buzzer when someone presses the panel next to the door.

Do I need a new havc/200 or is there a cheaper fix?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Ok these panels ring at panel when button pressed , take the wire out of the bottom switch and touch it on the top wire of the switch .....does it ring at the panel ? I assume you are saying it doesn’t ring inside the house ? As no ring at the panel could also be a blown speaker in the speech amp .....but this doesn’t stop it ringing inside ...if this does work it’s a faulty switch they just clip out ...

Sponsored Links
89353176-9504-44D8-AB12-EED04D1BDA2E.jpeg

There is no buzzer noise inside or outside.

I thought that would complete the circuit, thanks for the diagram and replies.

So, tried it and ended up breaking something else.... Before the led stayed on, after doing the short, the led no longer works....

I'll take a meter to it and double check the switch is actually working.

But why would the led go out after shorting the switch?

Cat 5 is brittle and not vet good for screw terminals you may have snapped it off , it takes the feed from the led from the speech unit 5 and 6

Cat 5 is brittle and not vet good for screw terminals you may have snapped it off , it takes the feed from the led from the speech unit 5 and 6

Hi sparkymarka. Thx for your advice so far.

Had another look today and used a meter for the switch, it is indeed dead. So that needs replacing. However, even if I short the 2 wires going into the switch, there is still no buzzer.

Also, fixed the led... The led is dry jointed onto the circuit board, a little wiggle and it's back on.

So I guess I need a new switch and a new led circuit board.

Any ideas on what I should check if there is no buzzer on shorting the the wires?

Thx in advance.

Ok ...get someone to pick up the handset inside and get them to talk ....if no outwards speech the speaker may have blown in the speech unit ...

But there is no buzzer at the inside panels or at the entry panel when the button is shorted.

I thought there should be a buzzer sound at the entry panel and inside panels when button pressed?

Ok, did the test. Inside panel can hear the the outside panel. Outside Panel cant hear the inside panel. So I guess the speech speaker maybe blown...But is this linked to the button switch from the entry panel being faulty?

It shouldn’t but you won’t get the ring sound at the panel when you short the wires out ....I would twist the two wires together at the panel and go and see if it’s ringing inside ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back