Help with wiring a door contact

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a texecom premier 24 panel.
All the PIRs are working fine.
I am but having problems with the door contacts.
The door contacts are not registering on the system.
I think its the wiring thats causing the problem.
I have attached a picture of how i have wired it.
If anyone can tell me if its right or what changes i need to make would be brilliant.

Thanks.
Jan
Untitled.jpg

Sponsored Links
Do you have the zone you are connecting the door contact to configured for EOL wiring or just as a standard zone on the alarm panel programming?

Sponsored Links
what have you got the zne set as ? normally closed or eol ? if set eol you need the resistors

it does not matter on the rkp but you will need to fit the resistors or 4 wire the contact

If it's set as EOL then you need to install the resistors as per this drawing

scaled.php

Can't remember the resistor values off the top of my head. I can look them up if you don't know them.

If it's set as EOL then you need to install the resistors as per this drawing

scaled.php

Can't remember the resistor values off the top of my head. I can look them up if you don't know them.

so the grey ones are where the reed switch is and does it matter which other (orange) terminal i wire the resistor to??

2.2k eol 4.7k alarm but easier to 4 wire to keypad put the two wires in diagram in each of the alarm terminals in keypad and twist another pair together under a brass screw in contact and wire to the two tamper terminals in rkp.

Thanks Everyone.
sparky I wont be able to connect it to the key pad as I have already run the wire to the panel and its a long way away from the rkp.

So Im goin to go with the resistor method.

Thanks tho.
Jan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back