Hen’s teeth??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all,

I thought I was on a quest for something fairly normal but it seems to be a near impossibility! I am changing our front door furniture to satin brass and have all the items we need (letter box, letter tidy, spy glass, door chain, knocker, door knob etc) BUT it seems to be absolutely impossible to find a matching door handle!!

I am after a PZ92 handle in satin brass. You’d think that was simple enough no?? Well I cannot find one anywhere. I cannot believe they are not made or don’t exist!

I’m hoping someone can provide some revelation and post a link or a company that can solve our predicament. Thus far I have been limited to all things plasticky, shiny and/or polished. It must exist out there!?

HELP

thanks
Mark

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I’ve found a lot of ‘gold’ variations and short of ordering lots to see what might match I’m not sure what to do. I just don’t get how easy it is to find satin brass door furniture and bell pushes etc but not door handles. Don’t they think people will want a door handle to match all the other accessories for a door that’s sold???

Thanks. I’ve found a lot of ‘gold’ variations and short of ordering lots to see what might match I’m not sure what to do. I just don’t get how easy it is to find satin brass door furniture and bell pushes etc but not door handles. Don’t they think people will want a door handle to match all the other accessories for a door that’s sold???

Lol, yeah would have thought so.

Maybe you could get a course polish to dull the shininess

Sponsored Links
Have you tried a local lock/hardware supplier? Or perhaps contact one of the many handle suppliers online?

Solid brass handles were being phased out 25 years or so ago, you may find the odd few for sale still but it's mainly aluminum now, the solid brass lever was too heavy and it wore the springs out in the mechanism as well as in the sprung handles themselves and caused the lever to sag

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I can help you with the hens teeth, I have a big bag of them..
Only problem is I put them in a safe place..... :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back