HETAS certificate null and void?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since a disgraceful install by a registered HETAS bloke in May 2023, it was condemned by a HETAS inspector before even being used. Its been a long running battle ever since.

Is the HETAS certificate null and void? I have not been informed that it is, but it was mentioned to me recently that it could be.

Sponsored Links
If you take the last inspector at his word then surely the certificate is irrelevant, it needs recertification before use?

Is the system as installed compliant with relevant regulations and safe to use? If not (and you clearly have been made aware that it is not) then the only use for your certificate is as evidence in any civil or criminal proceedings.

Thanks for the replies. HETAS were ready to close the complaint as 'unable to assist' due to the installer not being very co operative. That would leave me without a working appliance through no fault of my own and if that is the case, I can't see how the certificate is worth much in the first place. The notification has been lodged with BC and that seems to be the relevant part.

Sponsored Links
What exactly is the problem that the HETAS inspector is flagging?

No CO monitor fitted or provided by fitter.
No attempt to seal at stove collar.
No attempt to seal at flue liner
No commission paperwork( because it wasn't commissioned)
Combustible substrate too close to appliance.
No smoke test.
Stove pipe not secured.

No CO monitor fitted or provided by fitter.
No attempt to seal at stove collar.
No attempt to seal at flue liner
No commission paperwork( because it wasn't commissioned)
Combustible substrate too close to appliance.
No smoke test.
Stove pipe not secured.

Write a constructive polite email to the installer stating you will be getting remedial work done and then taking them to the small claims court for the extra costs

In fact, the cheeky git eventually provided an invoice that he had hiked by £200 and said he would not pursue the money I 'owed' it if I dropped my claim. Of course, I told him to go forth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back